Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Orange you happy to wear a scarf?

When I was little, my school had a "Career Day" where all the kids dressed up as what they wanted to be when they grow up. I dressed up as a teacher. Basically, this meant wearing a long skirt of my mom's, a blouse, and a silk scarf tied around my neck. That's probably how my scarf-wearing started, although there was a long break between second grade and adulthood. But, once I entered the classroom as a teacher, those scarves were back on! (Classrooms, like office buildings, don't always have the best heat/AC.) Even though I'm no longer teaching, it seems I have yet to abandon the scarf. This one was a gift from my dad and has been safely living in its orange box -- until now. I never wore this one while teaching -- can you imagine first grade fingers on Hermes?!


No comments:

Post a Comment