Sunday, October 27, 2013

Walk and Talk


Went on a great walk this morning with my friend, Aniesa. Between the busyness that is life, we found some time to catch up, see some fall foliage, and grab some coffee. We walked around the neighborhood before picking up some pumpkin lattes. (I'm more of a plain latte kind of girl, but this just seemed so fitting -- and we both love a theme.) Then, we went along a nearby trail where Aniesa held my coffee so I could snap some fall pictures and we talked about life. I'm so grateful for this friendship -- Aniesa and I met in high school and kept in touch as we both traveled the world during and after college. (Thank goodness that the Internet was created before we began globetrotting! Granted, you had to pay by the minute in seedy "Internet Cafes", but at least email existed.)


And, while I know that their time in the States was just supposed to be a stopover on the way to more exotic places, I'm so glad I've had this time with them the past couple of years! Wherever they are headed next, whenever that may be, they should plan on having some house guests . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment