Thursday, November 14, 2013

Crappy Mood ---> Head Outdoors

Some days are just crappy days. I do my best to keep gratitude in the forefront of my mind, but stress creeps in. Little things become big things. My mind magnifies the minute to the point that the positive is pushed out. Instead of opting for "cranky pants" I put on a full suit. And then I go outside.



And then the armor of anger sheds more easily. It seems to melt off. I notice the small beauty within the expansive space.


I am able to feel more clearly. Something about being outdoors helps me to see myself, situations, emotions, others through a different filter -- or perhaps without one at all. 


Too often I feel like we only share "the best" -- we post what we want people to see. We construct our image and identity through our selfies and status messages, but leave out the hard times. I get it. Who wants to broadcast when things suck? But, sometimes they do. Sometimes for legit reasons. Sometimes because you've been looking at Facebook for too long and it's pretty easy to put on cranky pants.

And then I think it's good to get outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment